Next Steps

Apply for Housing Assistance

To apply for Section 8 housing programs, Public Housing, or HOPWA:

If you are a Native American, you may qualify for additional housing programs. Learn more at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's Northern Plains Office of Native American Programs (NPONAP).

Learn More

Learn more about housing programs in Colorado:

For help finding housing while experiencing homelessness:

Find apartments with affordable rents:

If you are having trouble paying your mortgage, call for help:

Get legal advice if you have any concerns:

To learn more about services that can help you live in the community, see the DB101 articles about:

Ticket to Work

Social Security’s Ticket to Work Program helps people with disabilities who get Social Security benefits re-enter the workforce and become more independent. The Ticket to Work Program offers free access to employment-related services, such as training, transportation, and vocational rehabilitation. You can call the Ticket to Work Help Line at 1-866-968-7842 or 1-866-833-2967 (TTY).

Get Help with Your Benefits

A trained Benefits Planner can help you understand your benefits programs. Exactly who you need to contact depends on your situation and the benefits you get.

View DB101's full list of experts who can help you understand different benefits.

Learn more