Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)


You can apply for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP):

When you apply for SNAP, you may need to provide documentation of:

  • Your citizenship status
  • Any roommates or family living in your home. Note: If you use personal care attendants, you do not need to include them as members of your household.
  • Your disability
  • Your income
  • Your resources
  • Your medical expenses, and
  • Housing or shelter costs.

Once you have applied for SNAP, the county human services office may call you for an eligibility or fact-finding interview. Your application is processed within 30 days from the date of your application.

SNAP Application Assistance Outreach Partners

Colorado’s SNAP Application Assistance Outreach Partners can help you learn more about SNAP and how to apply. Some help statewide, while others help in local areas.

Find a SNAP Application Assistance Outreach Partner near you:


If your application is denied or you do not agree with a decision that was made, you can contact your county human services department. They might just need more information from you. If you cannot resolve the issue, you can file an appeal.

Reporting Changes in your Life Circumstances

You must tell SNAP when your income, resources, or living situation changes. Always report these changes by the 10th of the month following the change, so that you don’t run into problems with your SNAP benefits. Your local county human services department will give you instructions on how to report changes and you can also report changes online through Colorado PEAK.

Learn more